Save money on groceries without clipping coupons

how-to-save-money-on-groceries-without
How to save money on groceries without clipping coupons need groceries is very high, not even rarely in one month we have to pay costs that did little to satisfy the needs of our family meals.


And like any modern family at this time, many families especially housewives chose to save spending on groceries by using clipping coupons are printable coupons or Grocery Coupons that are obtained from a newspaper or online from search results website and social media.

But there are actually many ways to the fact that, following save money on groceries without clipping coupons:

1. Buy on clearance.

When I was shopping for produce, I almost always check the clearance racks first produce. Most stores do not want bruises softening or products on their shelves because it looks unattractive – and could eventually attract fruit flies, etc.

However, just because a piece of produce did not look pretty, it doesn't mean it still does not contain nutritional value!

In this post, I wrote about some of the ways to optimise the clearance. From smoothies to baby purees to cut vegetables to add sauces, there are many, many ways you can make your dollar stretch with grocery shopping items on clearance.

I also sometimes find organic meat, dairy, etc. on the permit. Meat and dairy products are the most usually freeze well.

Now, if you have a coupon, you can make that money stretch further, but I've rarely found coupons for these types of products such as produce meat.

2. shop at discount stores, such as Aldi or save-a-Lot.

I am in love with Aldi started when my husband and I recently got married (worry – he loves Aldi, don't be too!). :) I'm having trouble reining in our budget, and someone membisiki me to the fact that shopping at Aldi really have cut their grocery bill in half!

I gave it a try and never go back to regular grocery shopping again! Now, Aldi does not carry everything – and their natural and organic selection is limited (but growing!), as I will be sharing in a post later this week but my usual routine to shop Aldi first and use my debit card for a cash out to use on foodstuffs in the other two stores I frequent.

I just started buying toilet paper at Aldi (under the brand name soft Willow). This is nothing like what you imagine to be a cheap toilet paper at all! If my husband gave the stamp of approval, you know it's good!

3. Buy bulk items in the Club-type stores like BJ 'S, Costco and Sam's

When my husband and I first got married, we bought almost all of our paper inventory from our local Sam now live near BJ'S club shop, and we absolutely love it! Prices in our usual BJ'S are much better than in stores – especially on natural products and organic.

I usually get the organic spinach and salad greens, carrots, celery and apples in BJ, and Kerrygold cheese, almond milk (it is about the same price as at Aldi), hormone free antibiotic meat, uncured bacon and hot dogs, organic quinoa, organic spices, sugar, peanut butter, canned organic tomatoes and some other items. I still get my non-organic items at Aldi because the price is still better.

The key here is the price check. As Anne Simpson points out in his book your grocery budget Toolbox (on sale this week for 25% use code: downgrading!), keeping the price of the book. In this book, recording the various items you regularly buy and how much they cost in stores You frequent. This will help you know which store to buy each item.

Make a list of what you always get at any particular store – and not stray unless something on clearance or highly DISCOUNTED!

Note: BJ we allow you to use coupons, and you can stack their coupons with brand coupon, which can lead to some great savings if you are the kind of couponing! I should also note that my family have discounts membership because my husband is a teacher. If you or your husband is a teacher or community serviceperson, don't shy away from asking if any store offering DISCOUNT programs!
4. buy online.

I still feel fairly new about buying groceries online, but I’ve been saving money for a while by purchasing our family’s vitamins and other supplements at Vitacost.com. I will be writing a post that goes into more detail about Vitacost later this week, but for now, suffice it to say that you can get a whopping $10 off your first order (of $30 or more) when you sign up!

I have friends who regularly use and rave about purchasing bulk grocery items on Amazon.com. So far, I have only gotten some gluten-free flours there, but I am hoping to maximize on this a little better this year.

The other big items I typically buy online are coconut oil and palm shortening. I mainly purchase my coconut oil from SoapersChoice.com.

Don’t let the name fool you! Although they do sell oils for soap making, they have plenty of food grade oils as well. I have not found coconut oil any cheaper anywhere! On my last order, I went in with a friend to split the cost of shipping. We melted the coconut oil and divided it into glass jars.

I get my palm shortening from Tropical Traditions (which also sells high-quality coconut oil). I do not use it as much, so I have only had to order it once in the past year. If you sign up for their newsletter, you will get weekly emails about special deals and free shipping!

5. Buy whole foods instead of relying on convenience foods–and cook from scratch.

Simply put, buying real, whole foods (i.e. meats and cheese that aren’t processed, fresh or frozen produce instead of canned or packaged with added flavors and seasonings, whole grains instead of pre-made baked good, etc.) and cooking from scratch WILL save you money.

I’ve been slowly but surely learning how to cook this way for the past 3 years or so. It has not come easy, but I can say that it’s really not as hard as it seems. Sure, I burn things, but more often than not I can take pride in the food I work hard to serve my family.

It doesn’t have to be gourmet. My family eats very basic meals. I typically pan sear or bake meats, use my crock pot, throw together basic soups and make plenty of skillet meals.

And I almost always follow a recipe.

If you want to start with something very, very simple, try making your own spice mixes, like homemade taco seasoning or pumpkin pie spice.

If you learn to cook from scratch, you’ll be doing your family’s health-and budget–a favor.

And if you need a little help getting started, check out Heavenly Homemakers’ eBook, Learn to Cook or  GNOWFGLINS eCooking Courses.

6. Make a meal plan.

Making a plan of how you will use the food you buy will help you maximize on what you have–instead of feeling scrambled at the last minute and succumbing to running out the door to Chick-Fil-A or ordering a pizza (been there, done that–and I’ll do it again when I don’t plan well!).

And if you don’t have a plan for your food, you may use it up more quickly–which ultimately lends itself to spending more money.

Two resources I highly recommend for meal planning are Stephanie Langford’s eBook Plan It, Don’t Panic (another one I edited) and Plan to Eat, an online meal planning resource.

Still want to use the coupon? Try Pizza Hut Coupons.